As a global company in the security industry, Cathexis prioritises data protection. We are also committed to helping our clients comply with data protection laws. It is important that companies ensure that their use of CathexisVision software falls within the privacy regulations set out by the relevant authorities in their regions. To help Cathexis clients understand how they can do this, Cathexis has produced Privacy Guides on the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA).
Features of the Cathexis Privacy Guides
- Thorough explanation of data subjects’ rights, definitions and applications of important concepts
- Backed up with references to legislation, links to useful websites, articles and resources
- Instructions for data controllers and responsible parties
- Tips on compliance specifically relating to video surveillance
- Guidelines/templates for compiling important documentation