When the operations management team for Ski Dubai were looking for an alternative video management software (VMS) system provider, CathexisVision was able to meet the challenge for this retail client.
“At the core of CathexisVision’s successful integration into new markets is the flexibility of this software suite to facilitate tailored solutions that satisfy the needs of each client and provide optimal outcomes,” says Gus Brecher, managing director of Cathexis Africa and business development director of Cathexis Technologies. “The adoption rate for CathexisVision in the Middle Eastern security sector continues to grow with this region’s reputation as a premium, global shopping and tourist destination.”
CathexisVision offers users a trackable and proven return-on-investment, customisation, as well as quick and easy setup that minimises any potential downtime. These benefits made CathexisVision a highly attractive option for the operations’ management team at Ski Dubai, who were looking for an alternative, more cost-effective and scalable solution.
Ski Dubai (which is owned by the retail group Majid Al Futtaim) is located inside the iconic Mall of Emirates in Dubai. Ski Dubai is the first indoor ski resort in the Middle East, covering an impressive 22 500 m2 of snow-covered terrain and with five slopes.
Ski Dubai was very specific about the long and short-term objectives for this installation. It wanted to invest with a vendor that could offer a cost-effective solution with improved functionality and the capacity to allow for future integration with third-party systems such as access control, fire detection and point-of-sale. The customer required central recording via multiple servers, including failover servers, monitoring by central control room with operator management and a multiple server video wall, with 279 IP cameras.
Jack Nesgos and Gus Brecher.
This installation also required integration with specific brands of cameras that would be able to operate reliably in an extremely cold environment. The installation took place with Agility Grid as the distributor, and Elaf Technology Solutions as the installer
For this installation, Cathexis provided Ski Dubai with a comprehensive solution, which included:
- Seamless integration of all 279 IP cameras, and the capability to upgrade and integrate over 400+ cameras in the future.
- A more cost-effective licensing structure with the capability to change or expand from the existing set-up and provide further functionality in the future.
- High-speed suspect tracking with the CathexisVision Adjacent Camera Mapping feature, which enables users to easily follow suspects across multiple cameras at the click of a button.
- The Advanced Video Search features that help control room operators to view pre-recorded footage at a significantly faster rate.
- Failover redundancy to provide the customer with complete peace-of-mind.
“The installation completed for Ski Dubai demonstrated the capability of CathexisVision to reliably operate in an environment that would require further upgrades and installations in future and exceptional integration with current third-party systems,” says Jack Nesgos, operations manager at Ski Dubai.