Cathexis is an electronic and software systems development, and manufacturing company, specialising in video surveillance solutions, for the international market. Its flagship software suite, CathexisVision provides a powerful IP Video Management Solution with an extensive range of options, tools and functionality to satisfy all security and infrastructure management requirements.
Hospitals and Healthcare facilities generally facilitate an exceptionally high volume of patients, visitors, and employees. This environment requires high levels of security, exceptional access control facilities, sophisticated surveillance and a fully integrated IP Video Management Solution to manage all security and infrastructure requirements.
The CathexisVision IP Video Management Software provides the surveillance solutions that meet the high security demands required for these environments through the following features:
- I.P and Analogue CCTV Hybrid Solutions
- Megapixel Camera support
- Smart Video Analytics
- Video and Audio Monitoring
- Emergency / Panic Button Facility
- Access Control Integration
- Remote and Multiple Site Management Capability
- Centralised Alarm Management
- Movement Detection Algorithms
- Restricted Area Management
- Sophisticated Health Monitoring
- Mobile Connectivity
- Black Screen Alarms on Video Wall
- Scalability and Flexibility
- Security Management
- Abandoned Parcel Detection
- Loitering Detection
- People and Traffic Flow
- Effective security and surveillance management
- High level control room environment
- Restricted area employee and visitor management
- Free flow of people traffic from critical entry and exit points
- Flexibility and scalability to accommodate facility expansion
For Healthcare Facilities, the CathexisVision open platform allows for a customisable solution that meets the demands of different applications, including security, traffic flow, as well as medical and emergency services management.
Cathexis offers a range of video analytics to improve the effectiveness of the system, including:
- Analytics on vehicle movement, parking
- Smart Video Motion Detection
- Abandoned Object Analysis
- Post Object Search
The system also integrates with several specialised analytics devices. The analytics software provides triggers to the system. This enables it to take user-defined actions depending on the specific trigger received, including:
- Notify a control room gateway
- Move PTZ camera to preset position
- Send an alarm to a selected recipient
- Send an SMS or email
- Switch selected cameras to selected monitors
- Switch a device on or off
The interactive user interface provides a visual representation of single or multiple sites. Operators can navigate through multiple layers of maps to selected sites, drag-and-drop cameras to selected monitors, control outputs, and move PTZ cameras. Users can also navigate multiple sites throughout the enterprise with the map facility.
The Cathexis solution provides continuous monitoring of all the components, including hardware and software integrity, providing automated warnings of any possible impending failure. Maintenance engineers can perform corrective maintenance before the system fails.
A differentiating feature of CathexisVision is the capability to integrate with various third-party systems. This enhances the site security management by centralising control and providing video verification of third-party site events. The associated event details and data is overlaid on the video. Predetermined site actions can be triggered upon receipt of this information. For example, on receipt of an alarm from the re detection system, the access control system can be controlled automatically or manually from CathexisVision to open all emergency doors.
Third-party systems include:
- Access Control
- Fire Detection Panel
- Intrusion Alarm Panel
- Perimeter Fence Monitoring
- Point-of-Sale Systems