CathexisVision video management software has risen to the challenges posed by COVID-19, offering
comprehensive, complete, and cost-effective software solutions. We offer support for a wide variety of market
sectors, such as city surveillance, banking, healthcare, manufacturing, education, government, mining, retail,
government, and many more.
In the wake of COVID-19, administrative personnel, security staff, and management in all markets have been
stretched to their limit. Running businesses while maintaining safe social distances between workers and
clients, taking temperatures, and ensuring masks are worn is in itself, a full-time job. The question is, how can
we make it easier for managers on site to handle this challenging environment?
Social distancing detection to ensure safe social distancing.
Mask detection for compliance with regulations.
Thermal Camera integrations to monitor temperatures of people moving in and out of the workplace.
Maintaining a safe social distance is a key precaution in preventing the spread of the novel Coronavirus. Even so, in large businesses and operations, managing the physical space between people, especially when they number in the hundreds and thousands is a daunting task. This is where our software steps in and does the thinking for you. With our people proximity analytics, CathexisVision automatically picks up when individuals are closer to each other than they
should be. The user can also custom set a number of capabilities, such as:
- The minimum distance that should be set between people, for example 2 metres. If an individual transgresses this distance then the operator will be alerted.
- A period of persistence, recorded in seconds. This allows bodies to be closer than the minimum distance for a short period of time. For example, one might walk by someone briefly in a grocery store, and if the persistence is set to be greater than this length of time, there will be no false alert. In cases where there is no real crowd or congestion, operators need not be alerted.
Social distancing detection is available in CathexisVision analytics Levels 1,2, and 3 and requires no further integration.
In response to COVID-19, CathexisVision is working closely with thermal camera manufacturers to generate temperature alert capability, and this can help to monitor the health of visitors and staff entering hospital buildings. Through adding temperature screening to our software, we have designed a tool that can provide a visual representation of temperature and trigger alerts at pre-determined thresholds. The real-time visual and audio alerts will notify users, and the system can also be configured to take other actions such as sending email notifications, switching camera on video walls, and many more. Like our other latest features, temperature monitoring is fully customisable:
- The user can set custom safe temperatures, caution temperatures, and danger temperature zones.
- A variety of different temperature measurement methods can be chosen from, for example a temperature can be taken using the top temperature recorded on a face, or the average temperature of a person’s whole face.
- We have developed a specific Face Detection algorithm which, when used in conjunction with selected thermal
cameras can dramatically improve accuracy. Depending on different needs, the temperature of specific facial
landmarks can be taken, for example the eyes, nose, mouth, and tear ducts. This is especially useful in cases where people might wear glasses, in which case simply reading the temperature of the eye area won’t work.
- A further measure of accuracy is that temperatures can be read over custom times and video frames to ensure the quality of the result.
- Our software counters errors, such as a piece of paper or photograph obscuring a person’s face by putting in place minimum and maximum face size detection.
This feature is available with CathexisVision Analytics Level 3 and is produced through integrating with our thermal
Our sophisticated mask detection technology is able to quickly detect whether someone is wearing a mask and provide real-time, informative overlays and alerts for operators. It is available with CathexisVision analytics Levels 1,2, and 3, allowing users to choose processing areas around a face, scenes to cover, and set sensitivity. Depending on individual requirements, mask detection can be set to immediately detect a face without a mask, or the software can be set to “smart” detection, which follows the history of a face to make sure it is not unmasked over time. Users can custom set face sizes so that the software won’t detect anything too small and produce an inaccurate result. Ultimately, our mask detection algorithm allows employers and business owners to efficiently make sure that large numbers of people are complying with an important safety and health regulation.