|International Support:||+27 31 240 0800|
|Africa Support:||+27 87 135 2345|
|Middle East Support:||+27 31 2400 800|
|UK Support||+44 845 257 7277|
FAQ / Webinars
A&E / Projects
System Design Tools
The Cathexis design tool allows you to input all the parameters of your site, including camera numbers, frame rates, resolution as well as the number of days storage required for your solution. It will then suggest the best recording servers for your application and supply you with a bill of materials (BOM) for the CathexisVision licenses that are required to satisfy the requirements that you have provided.
Glossary of Terms
|1||1. Alarm Management Gateway||Centralised alarm management interface, offering alarm logs and comprehensive reporting abilities for large site installations across single or multiple sites, whether local or remote.|
|2||2. API/SDK||Application Programming Interface/Software Development Kit.|
|3||3. Archive Player/Viewer||CathexisVision in-house/external application for playing archives created in/exported from CathexisVision.|
|4||4. Archiving||Archiving is a facility to enable you to select recordings and copy them to archiving media, such as USB key, hard drive, or CD/DVD. Unlike normal recordings, archived recordings retain their authenticity, and can be verified as authentic|
|5||(unaltered) on replay, making them suitable for use in courts of law. Note: Unlike other systems, CathexisVision does not use archiving and recording interchangeably.|
As a value-added service, Cathexis offers training to its partners and customers. The course is an instructor-led classroom experience that leads candidates through the software’s features.
Places are secured once the course fee has been paid.
Successful candidates will receive CathexisVision certification
Candidates will learn:
- CathexisVision’s licensing model
- CathexisVision’s capabilities
- How to identify system components
- Installation and setup
- Fault-finding methodology
This course is valuable for system administrators, pre-sales engineers, support engineers or anyone who would like to gain in-depth knowledge of CathexisVision. Primarily, Cathexis partners and system installers send their technical staff on the course.
Training Terms and Conditions
Please note the following terms and conditions for the remote Cathexis training course. The full T&Cs will be provided when candidates sign up for the course.
- Places are regarded as booked once payment is received by Cathexis (COD clients or purchase orders from existing customers).
- The training course will be held over a 5-day period, during which there will be remote learning sessions at 2h 30min each.
- Cathexis certification requires a minimum of 70% pass mark on the certification exam.
- After the learning sessions have been completed, each candidate will take a 2-hour practical exam to achieve certification in using CathexisVision.
- To enrol for this online instructor-led course, send an email to [email protected] with your training requirements.
- If payment is not received within 10 working days from the course commencement date the training request will be considered as cancelled.
- After course registration and payment has been completed a confirmation email stating confirmation of the booked seat will be sent to the candidate/employer of the candidate.
- For all Cathexis courses, substitutions are allowed up to 48 working hours prior to any class start. Contact Cathexis Training at least 48 working hours in advance of class start to arrange for a substitution of a candidate.
- No refunds or rescheduling is permitted if you fail to contact Cathexis Training within the described cancellation policy timeline.
- Cathexis certification will be provided to the candidates that achieve a minimum of 70% pass mark on the certification exam. Please note that a certificate can only be issued once the full Training Terms & Conditions form has been completed and returned to Cathexis.
- Candidates that fail can re-take the exam once without enrolling in the course again. If a candidate fails the second practical exam, the candidate will need to reapply for the course and pay a revised fee, as agreed with Cathexis.
- Certification is valid for a period of 3 years from date of issue.
It is our intent to avoid cancellation or rescheduling of any training events. Unfortunately circumstances occasionally require for a class to be cancelled or rescheduled either by the candidate or Cathexis.
- All cancellations must be confirmed in writing and not by telephonic conversation for record purposes.
- Cancellations received up to 10 working days prior to the scheduled class date will not be charged the training fee.
- Cancellations received 1-10 working days prior to the scheduled class date will be invoiced at the rate of 50% of the full training fee at the discretion of Cathexis.
- No-shows are subject to payment of the full training fee; a substitute date can be provided at the discretion of Cathexis regarding the rescheduling circumstances for the region.
- Please note that if you do not cancel or do not attend the class you will be responsible for payment of the full training fee.
- Ensure to contact the Cathexis Training team via email at least 10 working days prior to your class start date, in order to reschedule.
- Cathexis reserves the right to cancel or postpone a scheduled training class based on minimum attendance requirements, instructor availability, or other reasons, at Cathexis sole discretion.
- If your class is cancelled, you will be notified via email at least 48 working hours in advance of the class start. Cathexis will make every effort to reschedule the class at no further cost in a reasonable timeframe.
- Cathexis reserves the right to replace a potential candidate if his/her payment has not been completed irrespective of previous communication. A replacement date of training will be submitted to a candidate that has been replaced.
- Computer Literacy – all candidates must have basic computer knowledge
- General knowledge of camera configuration and network setup
- An internet connection with the relevant network access to an external Cathexis site for each candidate.
- A computer with two monitors (one for viewing the presenter and the other for using the Cathexis Software)
- The Zoom application installed on the machine for the remote lessons
- A headset and webcam
Cathexis requires personal information to be collected in order to record attendance and generate certificates. The personal information collected from trainees will only be used for this purpose, in a lawful and transparent manner. Cathexis is committed to protecting your privacy and protecting any personal information you provide to us. Cathexis will not divulge any information to third parties for whatsoever reason without obtaining prior consent to do so.
End user license agreement
If you are a Cathexis dealer, systems integrator or are otherwise installing this Product on behalf of a third party, you shall ensure that you have their acceptance of this End-user License Agreement and their consent to provide end-user personal data for registration with Cathexis Technologies if such voluntary option is applied.