The client needed to automate the security checks associated with the delivery and dispatch of freight at the container depot. A number of different vehicles, drivers and cargo types come in and out of the depot, with a wide range of transporters. The instructions from clients vary and thoroughfare may be for the purpose of import or export. The challenge is to find a way to make this process seamless so that security checks can operate quickly, and efficiently, with minimal need for laborious manual inspections.
This system had to satisfy two seemingly opposing demands: operations, who want to get trucks and containers in and out as fast as possible, and security who wanted to be cautious letting vehicles on site so that nothing would be stolen and no one would be put at risk.
The big challenge, and delicate balancing act, was to make sure that both operations and security were fully on board and happy with the proposed solution.
In response to the needs of the customer, Cathexis created a system that is fast and free flowing, while also being secure. In this way, the demands of both operations and security were fulfilled. Cathexis was able to provide a comprehensive integration with the container recognition software. In this setup the container recognition system is the video analytics module which provides both the container and license plate recognition. The information captured by this recognition system is then sent to the CathexisVision system to provide notifications and alerts in real time. On site, Cathexis brought a number of best of breed systems together to form a single, powerful solution.
Vertical Market: Logistics Security
Package: CathexisVision Premium
Application: To provide a fully integrated video management software system with complete integration with container and number plate recognition capability for container depot operations. The system needs to be able to deal with all customers, vessels, imports, exports, packing date ranges, cargo types (containers, bulk, break bulk), and transporters.
- Automatic number plate recognition
- Container recognition integration capability
- Weighbridge integration
- Smart video analytics
- Third party integration capability
CathexisVision harnesses the sophisticated technology of thermal cameras, bullet cameras, and ANPR cameras. About 250 cameras of various brands are strategically placed around the grounds. By supporting a range of camera brands and manufacturers, CathexisVision offers flexibility and maximum return on investment.
The control room monitors integrations and cameras spanning two network ranges. Operators use the interactive Maps feature to view and control cameras and devices arranged according to a site plan. In emergency situations, the video wall and alarm management gateway allow operators to manage live events quickly and efficiently. Advanced search features speed up investigations while retrieving footage to be exported as evidence. Ample storage provides extended recordings for this remarkable installation.
Deep learning neural networks analyse footage so that operators are informed of events automatically, instead of attempting to monitor all feeds manually. This reduces the risk of error and ensures greater accuracy in detection.
- Video analytics at major intersections promote responsible driving and community safety. CathexisVision provides associated footage of traffic violations, which means that the estate management has reliable evidence when enforcing traffic safety rules.
- Operators receive live alarms from the electric fence and can verify these incidents with CathexisVision. This reduces false alarms caused by animals or foliage, and assists operators in securing the estate’s perimeter.
CathexisVision’s integration capacity amplifies the power of the security solution by connecting the software’s range of features (including AI video analytics) with integrated devices
- Access control: The CathexisVision / Impro Access Portal Pro integration monitors the entrances and exits of about 6000 registered individuals. Additionally, LlamaNET has been integrated into the Impro Access Portal Pro system to facilitate estate and visitor management. Visitor information is displayed on video overlays and all transactions are logged together with associated footage. A prebooking system provides a text message access code to visitors, and guards can use camera overlays to view visitor information. ANPR cameras monitor vehicles entering and exiting the estate.
- CathexisVision controls input/ouput devices at 30 locations, including fences, sliding gates and lights, either in response to events or according to a schedule.
- Lights in public spaces are automatically controlled via a schedule to ensure that particular parks are well-lit. In parks that border a residence, lights are only switched on when video analytics detect movement. This reduces light pollution and limits energy consumption.
- The system is configured to switch on lights in response to motion detected by perimeter cameras, ensuring good visibility for incident verification.
- Operators save time by controlling internal gates remotely when necessary, eliminating the need to open or close a gate manually.
- Temperature sensors monitor equipment and devices. CathexisVision receives these inputs and can send notifications to management, thus protecting the equipment and maintaining system integrity. In the event of a fault, devices can be reset remotely without intruding on residents’ privacy.