The Cathexis video management solution and software suite provides an extensive range of sophisticated video monitoring options, tools and functionality to satisfy all security and infrastructure management requirements.
From the high streets of London, to shopping malls in Australia, flagship department stores in South Africa and franchise outlets in the USA, the world’s leading retailers are using Cathexis solutions to minimise risk and improve operational efficiencies.
Exceptional integration capability, reliability, flexibility and longevity, have made Cathexis solutions ideal for the retail security environment, providing real value across business operations, as well as a real return on investment.
- Point of sale integration with intelligent data mining
- Electronic article surveillance integration
- Synchronised and bi-directional audio
- Queue length analysis
- Traffic direction
- Goods receiving scanner integration
- Fire and alarm panel integration
One of the most important objectives for retailers is to maximise return on investment. Cathexis enables retailers to combine the retail security management requirements with the ability to measure operational efficiencies. With the ability to integrate the Cathexis video management system across a wide range of platforms, this highly sophisticated solution becomes exceptionally affordable. Cathexis enables users to add real value across various departments, including: risk control, retail security, marketing, sales, training and operations.
The CathexisVision software provides the surveillance solutions that meet the high security demands required for these environments through the following features:
- I.P and analogue hybrid solutions
- Megapixel camera support
- Smart video analytics
- Access control integration
- Remote and multiple site management capability
- Off-site monitoring
- Mobile access
- Centralised alarm management
- Sophisticated health monitoring
The Cathexis point of sale (POS) Integration provides a full database of all POS transactions and associated video footage. A user-friendly interface allows easy viewing of cameras associated with specific tills. With intelligent data mining, a database search engine allows users to find specific transactions or groups of transactions easily, and to play back the transactions synchronised with the associated video footage.
One of the major differentiating features of Cathexis, is the capability to integrate various third-party systems. Integration is enhanced by predetermined actions upon information received from various systems and the association of specific actions for events. Third-party systems integration for effective control room monitoring, include.
- Access Control
- Point of Sale
- Fire Panels
- Alarm Panels
- Electronic Article Surveillance Systems
- Fridge / Freezer Controller
- Scanning Integration
The Cathexis solution provides continuous monitoring of all the components, including hardware and software integrity, providing automated warnings of any possible impending failure. Maintenance engineers can perform corrective maintenance before the system fails.
A full user-managed alarm management facility enables the effective handling of alarms and events and logs all actions taken by operators and allows managers to generate reports for ongoing system optimisation.
The CathexisVision advanced search tools enable operators to quickly and efficiently find the relevant video and data associated with specific event to facilitate immediate response. These features include activity trails, motion search, snap-search, timeline search and database mining
- Video analytics (either server or camera based)
- Physical inputs
- Triggers from 3rd party systems (like fire panels, intrusion panels, access control systems etc.)
- Technical alarms (e.g camera failures, failover)
- User triggers
- Switching a camera to a selected area on the video wall
- Moving a PTZ camera to a selected zone
- Playing tones in the control room or elsewhere in the facility
- Sending a notification to the control room alarm management client
- Sending an SMS or email to selected recipients
- Switching an output (e;g warning light, siren)
- Controlling a 3rd party system